In Business Your Success is Determined by Choice – Not by Chance
Simply hoping to have a good year in 2015 in your salon will not get you very far; you must move beyond hope and move towards taking action, with clear defined and outlined steps to your goal.
- Your retail target should be to sell out of all the “overstock”. This way you are starting the New Year with a better than par stock level.
- Plan to have internal appraisals even if it just to talk about the last year, and what team members would like to do in 2015.
- Ask yourself, what are we going to do in down time for the six weeks until the clients come back? Maybe training new colour and styling tech?
- The big clean, the run up to the holiday is a busy time. “Spring cleaning” helps you to focus.
- Schedule a staff meeting to work on what are the plans for the New Year and to brainstorm. – Make commitments to implement.
- Do each other's hair.
- Look at (and be aware of) people taking their holiday time off. Less team members in the salon means more clients for those that are working. Plan accordingly.
- Plan the date for the mangers and owner to have a two-day planning meeting.
- Throw a small party as a ‘thank you’ for the year’s hard work.
- Write down a list of all the things you didn’t do this year so you are ready to attack it head-on, next year.
- Choose your outcomes – don’t let chance determine your destiny!
Edited and abbreviated by Lachlon Silver, original article by UNITE Global Education Director Marcus Allen. Lachlon Silver Salon Specialist